Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Desk


We live in the kitchen.  Who knows why.  A lot of our daily activity takes place here.  This is where I run the events of our lives.  Who  knew why it took all of these years to think of putting this desk in the kitchen.  It is the perfect set up for me.  I have been using this ity bity counter space for years.  Making cooking and preparing food a little tricky.  This is what we did no NYD.  Leon brought up the desk from down stairs and I set up.  I even used the key board space to put college information. :)
I love the fact that everyone in my family knows not to touch things on the desk unless you want to deal with mom.  Feel free to grab a pen or sticky note.  Just make sure you put everything back in its place.  Kind of the rule.  If you need something put it on my desk with a sticky note.  This system works great for our family.  I love that my older son puts the sticky notes on my Bible or on the computer.  Places he knows I will not overlook:).  He once wrote a note that he needed more of something on the bathroom window in the steam from the shower.  He thought I would notice and know what he needed.  Ha Ha.  What was he thinking?  Read the mirror, mmmh.  He is better off with a sticky note.  We all had a good laugh about that one.  I must share some more of my computer savy with you.  I locked Leon out of his own F*cebook account.  I must admit I did think this was funny.  It wasn't on purpose.  I was playing my L*ttle P*nies  and it asked if I wanted to share all of my scores ect. with everyone else.  Well, if you know anything about me you know that I want to protect myself to the inth degree when it comes to this modern day technology.  Hench, Leon locked out of his F*cebook.  He asked how this was possible.  I told them they asked me some questions and I just answered them with my best possible thought.  He just shook his head.  Nothing surprises him at this point.  And really it shouldn't we have been married 14 years.  :)  He is now back on F*cebook.
Also, my older son popped on my computer last night.  I have a computer password.  He knew it .  He said, "You are so predictable."  I told him I have nothing to hide.  He said he needed to put a protection on the administrator of my computer.  I told him no it  would all be fine.  He said maybe a child safety lock.  We laughed.  I love my family and the fun we can have about technology.  I still am a girl that is a LOVER of pens, paper and sticky notes.  But trying to keep up with the modern technology so I don't get behind the times, just might do my guys in.   :)


Hope you have a wonderful day.   Smile.    

Psalm 29:11
The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.

Kim

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute! I love your posts and your honesty! Love your setup and your rules!! K, she loves pens & sticky notes too!! She may be a techie person, but she still loves the sticky notes and believe me she has WAY too many pens!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your word for 2013 :) Somehow, I can visually see you praying at your work space!

    ReplyDelete