Saturday, March 23, 2013

Thinking About Easter

It is an early morning for me today.  Little man is restless lately at night, so he comes to our bed.  He has been snuggled up to me and constantly moving making it hard to rest. Pray for him as we continue to work with others to help get his little system straight.

This morning we have an Easter egg hunt that we are taking the little ones too.  We have also purchased Easter baskets for them.  But, we know by the Word of God that Easter is so much more.



This year for whatever reason Easter is taking on a greater meaning in my life. 
 
We teach our little ones about Christ at every opportunity.  The wording we use with them is simple.  We don't tell them we are Baptist.  We tell them we are Christ followers.  They pick up so much. Thursday, after picking up little man from school, we had a conversation in the van. Somehow we got talking about that we are Christ followers.  He said, "friend, not a Christ follower but she is working on it".  I asked what he meant.  He had asked a friend and her mother about Christ and the Bible. The mother said no Bible.  As we have told him before not all believe in Christ.  His comment, boy she sure is missing out.   I was floored at his boldness. Not just a classmate but her mother also.  Wow. 
 
At church we have been practicing the Easter Drama. Jesus death, burial and resurrection are the biggest part of this Drama.  The whole existence of my Christian faith.  The little ones have asked many questions.  This has really made me think.  Answering them with what I BELIEVE to be true. Basing all of my answers by God's Word. 

 
 
What I took away from yesterday, being the first night of the Drama.

         * Yesterday, during the day, intense in my spirit
         * Words spoken, not all acceptable in Lord's sight
         * Forgiveness asked
         * Drama message, whole existence for our Christian faith shared with children
         * Older son watched little ones for me with a loving and kind heart towards all
         * Greeted by a dear sister friend. (you know who you are.  You blessed me.  Just seeing you and sharing with you brought me such joy.  I love you dearly.  God has given us a special bond. )
         * My privilege  to sing in the choir
         * Every part given its best for the glory of God
         * Praying throughout for all involved (prayed for a very specific sister in Christ as she did her part in the drama, knowing the business of her day.  I love you)
         * A Pastor who carries himself with the love of Christ.  Who takes this very seriously.  Who does not play Holy Spirit.  Whose one desire is to see others come to know the Lord.
        * The very realness of what Christ did for me, spoke to my heart
        * An 11 year old boy, with a determination in every step he took from the back to the front, to come to Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment