Monday, April 29, 2013

Family Game Night

We had family game night growing up.  I remember that it was fun.  We would talk and laugh.  I also know that we learned competitiveness  from my mom. I remember playing  games with my Grandmother and my Grandfather.  Game playing has been a big part of my life and you could say has been passed down from generation to generation.
Tonight we played games with our little ones.  The above game is fun.  L= chip goes to the left.  C= chip goes to center. R= chip goes to right. Dot= get to keep chips.  Round and Round until only one person has chips left.  Good for teaching Left and Right.  Also, short game so attention span can be held.  Our little man always ends up winning this game.  As he did tonight. :)

The little ones have never played this game before.  They are older so I thought we would give it a try.  It was good for the counting and the fine motor grip on pieces.  I think two pieces in the start rather than four would have worked better.  Attention span went out window.  No competitiveness with our little people.  Little man went to pieces every time we put his man back in start. We even said "SORRY".  That didn't work.  Little sweetie said she loved this game and for me to leave it out. She was going to play this game by herself tomorrow.
Game night tonight was not planned nor  expected.  Just wanted to eat together and spend some family time doing something together. We did have fun.  I loved to watch their little face as they experienced something new.  I loved how they listened so hard to understand how the game worked.  Lots of teaching went into tonight's game.  Next time maybe a little more fun, because we understand the rules.   I would like to continue game time.  Who knows maybe we will find some new games.

Anybody have any ideas for good games for little ones that you have played?



No comments:

Post a Comment