Thursday, April 18, 2013

What Brings You Joy Under Pressure?

I have been under pressure this week.  Preacher Dale says, pressure is good. It gets you where God wants you to be, you depend on God and you pray a whole lot more.  I agree with this.  But when I am under pressure I would like that statement to go away.  So here are some things that bring me joy.

Taking time to blog.  A friend found my blog that was accidentally deleted.  Leon was able to go and find my old blog.  He was able to save most of the posts. We will be able to print off on a paper copy.  This brought me so much joy. 

Humming birds in my backyard, make me smile.  I could sit and watch them for hours.  I love how they get brave and come in and get a drink while I am on the swing.  When I am at my computer, I find myself constantly looking out the window to see if they are here.
 
These are a must.  I am a true candle girl. I am careful, because of the little ones.  Also, I like to burn them evenly :) so I found the two wick candle.  They burn evenly in two hours as compared to the one wick that takes four hours.  You don't get as much candle hours because it burns faster.
 
This is an experiment.  We usually have a small garden.  My favorite things to plant are cucumbers.  Our garden area needs tending too.  We planted cucumbers in this basket.  If they  grow I will drape the vines over the back of the deck so they can grow down.  I will share if you like cucumbers.  :)


 
The Word of God.  This is my life line.  Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless.  He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.  I am so glad that I know God never changes.  His way is always perfect for me, even when I don't understand or can't see.  God's Word is flawless (dependable and sure).  I am so glad for his protective hand on me. 
John 5:17 Jesus said to them, My father is always at his work to this very day, and I too, am working.
God is always at work.  Romans 8:28 He is always working for my good.
 
What Brings You Joy Under Pressure?
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. The fact that hummingbirds bring you joy make me a little panicy for you!!! you know my phobia of birds!!!! Im so glad that you were able to find your blog. The pressure cooker..... uggghhhhh I know that we need it I think but man can it be a rough place! However when are pressure cooker is under pressure thats were God is, He seeks us out and is there with us! Holding our hand and helping us through the hard stuff. Love ya!!!!
    OHHHH and one thing that brings me joy today... A friend that will drop everything she is doing blow her lovely candles out and loud up her babies to come unlock my door because I have locked myself out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I would do anything for you my sweet friend. I loved that I got to see you :).

    ReplyDelete