Thursday, October 3, 2013

Sustain

                      Cast your burden, cares on the Lord and he will sustain you..... Psalm 55:22


I have a burden in my life that I keep praying about, trusting God with and giving it to him.  On some days this burden gets heavy.  I love that God knows right where I am.  He meets me with unexpected verses that meet that exact need for the day.  That was the case yesterday with the above verse.  The thought I couldn't get out of my mind was what does sustain mean.  Yes, at a quick thought I could think of a definition of sustain. I wanted to go deeper.  I was blessed by the time I had my deeper answer.  So I hope the rest of this blog brings you the same encouragement that it brought to me.

Sustain=  (verb)  strengthen or support physically or mentally
                (syn)   comfort, help, assist, encourage, support, give strength to, care, cheer up, hearten
                (slang)  buck up

When I put each of those words in the sustain part of the verse, it made my burden feel so much better.  God knows, he cares.  And, like was said last night at church by Preacher Dale, God knows just what to bring into my life to grow me and keep me close to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment